Thursday, January 31, 2013

I've Created A {Hand Washing} Monster!

Joseph has been doing a great job using the potty this week {hallelujah}!  I have always helped him wash his hands to make sure that he truly washed his hands as well as to avoid a big old water/soap mess on the vanity...I'm a bit of a neat freak!  In order to create a bit of independence, I showed him how to pump his own soap today as well I sewed on "handles" on a few of our hand towels so that he could dry his own hands and hang them on the closet door himself {he can't reach our towel rod, it is too high}.

Five times in the last hour he has said "Mommy, I need to pee."  To which any mom would say "go, go, go" to avoid cleaning up a mess!  Well, after checking his potty each time and seeing little to nothing in it, I quickly realized that I have created a hand washing monster!  He knows that if he "goes pee", he gets to wash his hands {and play with soap} and what little boy wouldn't be all over that!?



No comments:

Post a Comment