Friday, May 10, 2013

The Things He Says!

I love the things that my little boy says {& does}! 

Yesterday he woke up with the sun. As a result, I decided to put him to bed early {at 7:30 when it is still light out} because he was so tired. Ten minutes after putting him to bed, I go check on him and he is standing *naked* on the floor taking shorts, a t-shirt, socks and underwear out of his dresser. I asked him what he was doing and he said "Mommy, it's sunny out, the grass is green and the flowers are blooming. I am getting dressed for the day." I tried really hard not to laugh BUT the "flowers are blooming" part really got to me. Where does he get this stuff? I was able to convince him that the sun was going to sleep and that he needed to put his pajamas back on and go to bed.



On a much more serious note...

Earlier this week Joseph was having a meal with a few "friends" and I overheard him praying.  "Dear Heavenly Father, thank you for this food, please bless it to our bodies and thank you for the guests at our table, blue bunny and Joey.  Please bless our time together.  Amen."

It warmed this Mommy's heart!!  I know that I have said it before...children are sponges...it is our job as parents to guide and direct them to the Truth!  And what a privilege that is!







No comments:

Post a Comment